Vampires are a supernatural species of undead beings created from converted humans.
A vampire grows more powerful by consuming human blood, and by the passage of time. If a vampire does not drink human blood, these powers are prone to being less effective and they become weak. If a vampire is stabbed and losses blood both the vampire and they're abilities become weak.
Powers & Abilities
Vampires are far superior to humans, displaying a variety of supernatural powers.
- Super Strength - Vampires are much stronger than any human or animal and can overpower them with ease. A vampires strength is big they can punch or kick at a very intense rate and can knock some people unconscious, knock them back and send them flying or sometimes if hard enough kill a human or animal.
- Super Speed - Vampires can move very quickly, much faster than a human or animal can. No human or animal can outrun or run away from them.
- Senses - Vampires have extremely strong senses. They are able to hear in high pitched frequencies, being able to hear conversations a normal human cannot. Vampires have a very keen sense of smell. They can also see in total darkness. Because of these senses, it makes them almost impossible to sneak up on.
- Rapid Healing - Vampires can heal exceptionally fast. It is possible that this accelerated healing also grants the vampire a very high pain threshold. It takes them up to 10 seconds to heal they can't heal when fighting they have to concentrate and after they have they look completely healthy. The healing can be accelerated if a vampire tries to heal while drinking blood.
- Supernatural Fighting Skills - When a Vampire is turned they instantly gain the powers of fighting skills that don't need to learn it's natural for a Vampire. They can do flips, tricks and do a fighting style that no human can achieve. The fighting ability is mainly caused by there strength and speed.
- Invincibility - Vampires are nearly indestructible. Upon their transformation, they become immune to all conventional illness, disease, virus, and infection. However, they can still be poisoned with ivy, which causes severe weakness and an apparent fever. Although vampires cannot be killed by most conventional methods, direct sunlight, fire or a wooden stake through the heart will suffice.
- Durability - They can be hit with bricks, hit by something strong, thrown through something and still get back up and fight it is quite hard to knock them out but new vampires are easier to. Vampires do not run out of breath but can become exhausted in a fight but that is because they are using muscle many times. They don't really need to breathe much only to calm their muscles.
Despite their superiority to humans, vampires do have weaknesses and limitations.
- Ivy - When ingested, ivy makes a vampire severely weak and feverish. Whether consumed directly (eg. through food or alcohol) or indirectly (eg. by feeding on a human who has ingested ivy), the effects are the same. Ivy may also burn vampires when exposed to the skin.
- Wooden Stake - A wooden stake through a vampires heart is fatal.Upon which the vampire starts to deteriorate and their veins begin to glow a black light and burns the skin turning the skin hard. After a vampire has been staked if the vampire is hit, the skin will crack or break easily. If a werewolf is holding a vampire while it is deteriorating the black glow can burn the wolf's skin.
- Sunlight - Sunlight will burn a vampire on contact. Sunlight can burn a vampire severely. But Hybrid Vampires and Pure-Blooded Vampires can walk in the sun and are unaffected.
- Fire - A vampire if set on fire fully will burn to death, but it takes a while to burn than humans.
- Decapitation - If a vampire is decapitated they will start to deteriorate quickly. If a vampire is caught in a headlock and getting their head ripped of red lines appear from the neck up to the face and down from the neck to the body. A vampire or any other creature will have to use their entire strength to do this.
- Heart Extraction - If a vampires heart is extracted they will deteriorate quickly.
- Magic - Magic can hurt a vampire, like the power to pop brain cells. It can hurt anything with a supernatural healing ability, it causes multiple brain aneurysms.
- Religious Artifacts - Crosses, Holy Water and Crucifixes can hurt a vampire. If a vampire comes in contact with any of these it can burn them severely
- U-V Bullets - U-V bullets contain blue U-V rays that are lethal to Vampires and if hit by one they deteriorate instantly and emit a blue glow instead of black. Only Jason has been seen killed by one so far.
Becoming A Vampire
If a vampire wanted to turn someone, they would first bite them on the left side of the neck and feed. The person that has been bitten would then have to be killed in 24 hours or the infection would w
ear off. If they are killed they would awake 12 hours later in transition, there two front teeth would fall out then their fangs would grow in place of the teeth before. The person would have to feed on any blood to complete their transformation into a vampire, it is a painful experience because the bone structure changes and gets harder. The muscles become hard stronger, the nerves would die a little, this is all the powers and abilities start to come through even the nails start to grow. The Vampire that turned them's nearly three-quarters of their strength would be passed on to the person they turned.
Whenever a vampire feeds, is angered or aroused, their eyes become fully red and the center becomes completely black. Their canine teeth will lengthen into fangs, giving them a more predatory look that they often use to scare off or threaten others. Apart from their eyes and fangs, their physical appearance is like any other human. The only thing that can tell Vampires apart from Humans are Demons with a keen smell because Vampires smell different to Humans as do Werewolves and any other Human lookings Demons.
With purebred Vampires, their physical age is dependent on their gender and parents age. If it is male their physical age will grow into the age of their father and then stop and same with females and their mothers. With half-bred Vampires which are turned, their aging stops instantly.
Vampires have natural demon enemies. Only three have been recognized.
Their most common and most hated enemies are Werewolves. For centuries the fight between Vampires and Werewolves still rage on. Vampire and Werewolf Coven members are forbidden to consult with the opposites. That was broken when Thomas became friends and both Coven species have banished them and usually try and kill them. Thomas' father is the leader of The Denali Coven, a coven of powerful Full-Blooded Werewolves that reside in Leeds
Other enemies of Vampires are Dhampeles which are Human looking Demons like Vampires and Werewolves. They are a danger to Vampires and Werewolves because they feed on the blood of both species and Humans. They have yellow iris eyes and have razor sharp teeth top and bottom. They can only be killed by ripping out their hearts.
Slayers kill both Werewolves and Vampires. They will hunt and kill them on sight because Slayers are good and Werewolves and Vampires are seen as evil though not all evil some Slayers don't see it that way and will kill them regardless of their activity or side. Although Slayers usually have a bigger hatred for Vampires and vise versa. They are common enemies.
Hybrid Vampires are a cross between a Vampire and another species that can only be Hybrids through birth since Vampires can't turn other demons. The parents must be from another species.
Evan Almond - Vampire/Amazon Demon
Ceejay Barker - Vampire/Slayer
Jodie - Vampire/Werewolf
Mikael - Vampire/Werewolf
When A Vampire Dies
When a Vampire dies they start to burn and grow black lines appearing all over their body that burns their skin and their viens will emit a black glow this is called deterioration. After they will be grey and their viens will stick out and the skin will be hard and rocky that will break easily and after a couple of days parts of their skin will drop off into the dust.
When a Vampire is killed using a U-V Bullet they will die the same but their veins will emit a blue glow instead of black.